The African Institute of the Interior Design Professions (IID) promotes excellence in the practice of interior design across the African continent. We help our members develop the skills required to provide the best possible design solutions to their clients, we educate the public about the contribution interior designers make to society, and we protect interior designers’ right to practice.
The IID is the only professional body representing the Interior Design industry in South Africa. Serving the needs of registered, practicing interior architecture, interior design and interior decorating professionals as well as education institutions and suppliers that provide services to the interior design industry.
Raise the standards of education and practice for interior decorating, interior design and interior architecture.
Promote the economic and health benefits of good interior design to the public.
The IID is governed by its constitution and by the National Council with Representation from the Eastern and Western Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal, North West Province and Mauritius. The National Council is constituted by the professional membership. From time to time this council consults a specialist Advisory Board. Day to day running is conducted by a Chief Operating Officer and an Office Manager and Website and Mail Administrator. The operational work is measured against an approved strategic plan.
Director / Chair person
Monica Di Ruvo
Management / Chair person
Corne Du Toit
Management / Bid Forum Chair
Dorothy Van’t Riet
As an IID member you have access to our social media platforms to showcase some of the amazing projects you have done both locally and internationally or competitions you have been short listed for or won.
- LinkedIn Page
- LinkedIn Account
There will be an increase in hybrid workshops that will allow opportunities to develop skills and be informed as well as support the knowledge needed to write PPEs.
IID members can build a greater networking platform by connecting with others in the industry through events and online talks.
- In order to tender for certain projects, you must be an IID member.
- Legal guidance at a reduced rate.
- Contracts for members to use.
- Fee guidelines for all members to use.
- An automated CPD points system.
- Webpage on our website with 10 images.
- IID Signature to show the public you are a registered professional.
- We have the recourses, knowledge, and experience to assist with industry related queries.
- The IID is the only registered professional body representing the interior design industry in South Africa.
- Membership gives you credibility by belonging to the Interior Design professional body, identifying that you are serious about what you do.
Head of department at Applied Design at CPUT
Principal at HerArtFelt Design Interior Architect & Design Educator
Dorothy Van’t Riet Design and Decor and Consultants
Deborah Garth Interiors
BID Forum Committee
BID Forum Committee
Department of Interior Design
Head of Department
Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture