The IID is the only professional body representing the Interior Design industry in South Africa. It serves the needs of registered, practicing Interior Architecture, Interior Design and Interior Decorating Professionals as well as Educational institutes and Suppliers, that provide services to the Interior Design industry. Joining the IID enhances your Interior Design career and your business. Being a Member of a professional body tells people that you are serious about Interior Design. It indicates your status as a business Professional with valuable industry skills.
The South African Institute of the Interior Design Professions (IID) is the only Professional body for Interior Architects, Interior Designers, Interior Decorators, Education Institutions and Suppliers to the Interior Design Industry in South Africa. Joining the IID enhances your Interior Design career and your business. Being a member of your Professional Body tells people that you’re serious about Interior Design. It indicates your status as a Business Professional with valuable Industry Skills.
- As an IID member you have access to our social media platforms to showcase some of the amazing projects you have done both locally and internationally or competitions you have been short listed for or won.
– LinkedIn Page
– LinkedIn Account
- As an IID member you have the opportunity to feature as an IID member in the Designing Ways magazine
- The IID now has research partners that provide valuable research to enhance your business and increase awareness and gain insights into different concepts that impact our industry.
- There will be an increase in hybrid workshops that will allow opportunities to develop skills and be informed as well as support the knowledge needed to write Professional Practice Exam.
- IID members can build a greater networking platform by connecting with others in the industry through events and online talks. Networking includes representing the IID by being a guest speaker on various platforms e.g. Italian Embassy, Design Joburg Collective, Art meets Design Dialogue, VIP invites to the launch of new products and openings of showrooms.
- In order to tender for certain projects, you must be an IID member.
- Legal guidance at a reduced rate.
- Contracts for all members to use.
- Fee guidelines for all members to use.
- An automated CPD points system.
- Webpage on our website with 10 images.
- IID Signature to show the public you are a registered professional.
- We have the recourses, knowledge, and experience to assist with industry-related queries.
- The IID is the only registered professional body representing the interior design industry in South Africa.
- Membership gives you credibility by belonging to the Interior Design professional body, identifying that you are serious about what you do.
Professional Recognition & Status
- Gives you credibility by belonging to a professional body.
- You can display your status as an IID Professional Interior Architect, Interior Designer or Interior Decorator in your place of business, on your website, on your business card and in business directories. It reassures customers that you are a qualified professional.
- Access to the IID Membership list to market your products / services.
- Host IID Meetings / Events to promote your Company, Products and Services to Members.
- Listing of Company, Products and Services (webpage) on IID Website.
- Host talks, facilitated by the IID
- Investigation and mediation services between Members, Suppliers and the Public in the event of Product, Service or Contractual Issues.
- The IID promotes awareness and recognition of the status of professional members to Government, Public and Business Communities.
- Exposure is via press, media, exhibitions and IID website.
- The IID maintains an annual stream of promotion about the aims and values of the professional body and interior design to reinforce the professional standing of members to industry.
- As a core benefit to members, the IID maintains an online database of members and their areas of expertise / specialisation.
- Client referrals for prospective clients looking for interior design services are done via the IID website.
- The IID annual program of CPD workshops and seminars promote continued learning as a key element of professional interior design practice.
- Many of the most valuable benefits of membership result from participation and networking with your professional peers.
- Membership of the International Council of Design (ico-D) enables the IID to act as a formal contact point between the South African Interior Design profession and international design organizations.
- As an IID Professional member, you can gain knowledge and contacts to build your career and further your interests in the Interior Design profession by participating in the IID National Committee on a national or regional level.
- The IID is also approached by Government and industry bodies looking for representatives to provide input into planning and policy as well as to judge awards.
- The IID communicates and negotiates with Government and make submissions to enquiries and Government committees on matters of interest to the Inter Design profession.
- We also represent and manage the member’s interests in Government with the formation of policies affecting the industry.
Any person who has obtained the minimum qualification in interior architecture, interior design or interior decoration from an accredited educational institution, and/or is employed within the field and who intends applying for professional membership…